Saturday, September 30, 2006

A+D Waltz

Learnt a new step today:Artist and Designers Fair waltz. Not done this before, and so didn't know what to expect. We had to leave the house at 7:30 this morning, arrived at Buxton at 8:30 to set up. Opened at 10:00..Fortunately the man next to us wanted less space than he was allocated, so we were able to expand a little!! There were around 50 exhibitors, mostly with grand looking stalls with spotlights, preframed prints and visa terminals. There were some impressive pieces of work there, but nothing I hadn't seen in some other form or place before. I hoped my work would shine through, and visitors would be eager to spend!

To brake even we had to sell £70 worth of goods. So now after today we need to sell only £68.50 to reach our goal!! We spoke to hundreds of people, all incredibly amazed at what I do. Have heard the same questions over and over again: 1." I bet you need to have a lot of patience?" 2. "How long does it take to produce one picture?" 3. " Don't you suffer repetitive strain injury?"..I must have been asked these questions every 5 Mins all day! Sadly all the goodwill didn't translate into sales.

On a more positive note, I did manage around 5 hours of drawing ( progress seen above) It was good to let people see how I composed my pictures. We're back there in the morning for day 2.

0 comments: