Sunday, October 08, 2006

One question: 'Niall or no Niall?'

It's Sunday morning and unusually I've just had a bath. Most of the family are out at Church. Sam stayed home, he's been on the Play Station and then set about some homework!! Meanwhile I've reached the final pages of 'The Kite Runner' by Kahled Hosseini. I still don't know what will happen although Jan kind of spoilt it for me the other night by asking if they'd got back to American yet...Will just try to forget that bit.

It's a deeply sad story which brings hope out of despair. The resilience of the human soul is staggering and none more so than the main character Amir who struggles with the pain of guilt and regret. Lament for the downfall of Afghanistan firstly to the Russians and then to the Taliban.

On a different note though. I decided to have a look at some of the other Blogs floating around the www. I've looked at a recent 'Blog of note' called 'Three Beautiful Things'. What an altogether wonderful idea..so simple and yet written with such charm, grace and intimate joy. I urge you to take a look if you've time.

I could almost give up my blog after reading such poetry..But a distant voice tells me to just be 'me'..I think the aim of something as personal as a blog is to forget your 'audience'. Try to imagine you're writing to yourself, jotting down little reminders, musings and thoughts you'd rather not forget. Be yourself. Others are genuinely interested in what it is that makes others 'tick'.

For now, I must draw this post to a close. I will make lunch for Jan Will and Annie. Sam has gone out with his cool friends and I am alone again. Before I go, I just want to wet your appetite to the subject of a future post. I have come up with an idea for a piece of artwork which is so exciting and pioneering, I can't wait to start. Unfortunately it can't begin until next March. More later!!

0 comments: