Friday, November 17, 2006

"Twilight..I only meant to stay a while.."

Sun is out..there's a strong wind and it's mild for the time of year. Last night Jan gave me some herbal tablets she bought from the chemist: 'Kalms sleep'..made from Valerian root..I've been going to bed around midnight, then lying awake until around 3-4am...last night I was still awake at 3:30am..the only effect the tablets had was to make me feel even more sleepy without the added benefit of actually falling asleep.

I feel like a walking zombie at the moment. With that in mind, I've decided to press on with my next project. Out of the couple of ideas I've got ready, I've decided to go down the route of a Self Portrait. I came up with a great idea using candles (Which I love) and which symbolise the twilight world I walk in just now (metaphorically speaking)..I set up and took a whole lot of photos, then sat down to go through them and edit down a few for possible consideration. Eventually settled on one in particular that pleased me.

I'm off upstairs now to start work on the pencil drawing. Why don't you check back later and follow my progress?

0 comments: