Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Little Nemo-Lost in the ruins (1987)

I'm not trying to make any deep comments with the title of this piece. Nothing to do with wondering where the real meaning of Christmas has gone! It's just the combination of my favorite little character exploring the ruins of some vast castle. You'll notice in quite a few of my pictures the contrast between things...in this case a little man in his night shirt and the stone of the building...the darkness of the night and the brightness of the lamp.

I love this time of year..all those fairy lights in people's windows..the shortened daylight hours..(here in the UK the sun came up at 8:05am and set at 3:55pm today). I know for many especially in some more Northern countries ie sweden, Norway, Lapland etc.. the sun does not rise for very long (if at all)..it's somewhere I'd love to go one day!

I'm hoping to get back to my current work for a while tomorrow..

0 comments: