Sunday, February 11, 2007

Annie's web

We don't often do things as a family together these days. Usually our eldest is off with his cool friends down town hanging around. But today we all went to a local park (Markeaton) It was a gloriously sunny day and it was so refreshing to walk along, have a laugh and see Annie here climb to the top of the Web.She was so proud having reached the top.

I found myself having a 'Railway Station Moment'. Eh? I hear you gasp! Maybe it's just me, but I love being in a place (Like the Station) where great numbers of people are all in transit. You see a crowd. A mess of humans indistinguishable from each other. But I like to pick out an individual..look at their eyes..where are they going? where have they been?..I can make up all sorts of convoluted scenarios, family histories, musical tastes, sexual preferences, political persuasion. They maybe feeling tired, thirsty, sweaty..dying for a pee. It's a journey to nowhere, to walk into the sea at Brighton, it's the homeward leg of a round the world trip, it's release from prison...it's a trip to the Zoo.So it was today as many other families took the time of day to walk and enjoy the sunshine.

What tangled webs we weave, the complex utter futility and downright importance of the fabric of life. I catch the eyes of someone , then another, then another...so many stories, so many realities..all passing before my eyes..all seen but hidden, then gone, probably never to cross my path again. Maybe you're reading this having glanced into my eyes as you sat in your carriage wondering "what's that idiot looking at?".


Annie looked so full of life today, she looked as if she could unfurl her wings and fly.....I'm sure that in her young little mind, that is exactly what she was doing!

1 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Lovely, happy picture!
I too wonder about the people I meet.(not at railway staions, usually in neighbourhoods--because I move around a lot) later, when i get to know them better I realise how wrong first impressions have been...sometimes how right too!