Friday, February 02, 2007

Winter 6

I've worked today on widening the area of 'operations'. I like to be able to work on an area of a picture, then move to another area..this helps my 'eye' not to become too used to one particular bit. It also means that progress seems to be quicker.

Here in this close up, you can see the tree to the left has been outlined in a basic colour, but I continue to add branches to the tree on the right.I'd like to start putting some detail into the path and foreground soon. I probably wouldn't have worked on a subject like this a year ago..it's actually a very orthodox 'picture'..no surrealism!..but I have to have an eye to my upcoming exhibition in Derby next month where making a bit of money is important. I'm actually going to put a few originals up for sale to see if people are interested.

0 comments: