Friday, April 27, 2007

Finished Antimatter

Alright...I don't like it...but tomorrow I might..it doesn't matter!..it's Antimatter.It symbolises a time for me..I will remember when it was created and why.

Years ago when I had spare money..I used to buy an LP (remember them?) or a CD every week..then I became a Father. Each one I bought carried the date inside when I bought it..(I do the same with all my books.) You know the odd thing..I can be sitting wondering what to listen to..so I pick out a piece of music..put it on and settle down..then I read the date of purchase..so often it turns out to be something like Seven years ago to the day..or one year to the week etc...For me I put great significance on music and the things that inspire me..they embed themselves on my mind. With some of my pictures I can point to parts of the picture and remember what was playing on the CD player/radio at the time. Art and music do things to us..they colour the world and the way we see it.. and become part of our experience..our memory..our life.

2 comments:

Devil Mood said...

I like the antimatter, it has volume and dimension, but maybe it shouldn't, hehe, considering it's antimatter!
Those music associations are constantly happening to me, even TOO much! I don't have to write the dates, music transports me everywhere and I associate it to places, people, events, smells, even...That's why I have a bunch of CDs that have been forbidden for years, because of too many memories. Lately, I've managed to re-condition some songs with other memories but it's hard. God, I write too much!

Niall young said...

Correction DM..you write too little!There's so much straining to get out I sense..

My whole life is punctuated with music references..did you ever see/read 'Hi Fidelity' by Nick Hornby?..