Thursday, March 27, 2008

Knights and Pawns - Close up 3

OK! Here we go for the last time today. I've filled the area in with yet more blue and started to put the shadows in at the bases of the chess pieces.I'll not finish them yet until I've put the light source in the picture..then I'll be able to gauge the correct angle for them to fall at.

This picture seems more yellowy but this is due to the previous one being shot in daylight.I use a 'Daylight' bulb to work by, but it still has a yellowish tinge! I've deepened the colour of the pieces here and refined the highlights. there is still lots to do strengthening the background here, but it will wait till tomorrow.

I took this at the end of my working period today..I've left the shadow of my lamp at the top of the picture because it looked interesting. you can see the nearly finished chess pieces down at the bottom left hand corner. I hope you've enjoyed this little insight into the process?...See you tomorrow!







0 comments: