Saturday, April 05, 2008

PWM - 31 Look to the skies

Now begins probably the most time consuming part of the composition. The Sky. My aim is to create a deep mix of blues with clouds and stars. Having practised the various colour combinations elsewhere, I've opted for layers of 5 colours. Below you can see from left to right: Mid Blue as the basic layer,the purple, and then green on top of that.There will also be yellow and red introduced at a later date. the difficulty lies with trying to form an even transition between the light and dark areas.


3 comments:

Devil Mood said...

You know what I would do? I'd pick up a brush, a really big one, the ones you paint walls with, dab it in blue and VOILA the sky!!

I'm so impatient! I could never, ever, ever do the work you do!

Niall young said...

DM...All these years i've been using a pen when i could have used a brush?..why didn't i think of that??!?!!?!?!I shall need to be locked in my little cage for longer tonight whilst I berate myself.

Devil Mood said...

Niall, I'm glad I brought some light into your life. haha