Friday, April 18, 2008

PWM - 40 Clouds are gathering

You should now start to see things quicken as I've all but finished the sky..now I can at long last begin on the clouds. Here I've placed a few rough shapes in the top left hand corner..they will be darker eventually, but you will begin to get a sense of depth to the sky as i introduce clouds further down to the horizon.They will also enclose the composition making it feel more intimate.

I'm also quite pleased to be able to add a clever little widget that enables visitors to translate my text into another language ( See top left hand corner of this page!!).It's limited to 8 languages..but i think that's pretty amazing!!I know that sometimes 'Babel Fish' translations can be a little loose..but if you speak any of the featured languages, I'd love you to try it out and let me know how accurate it is!Just click on the flag of your choice and wait for the translation to appear.

finally;I'm interested to know if this blog is displayed on your computer in the way it was intended..ie; you can see all the content without having to scroll across the page.Please let me know. I'm actually considering a bit of a makeover soon, so things might change anyway.

Thanks for visiting..see you tomorrow!

9 comments:

Devil Mood said...

I'm seeing the page very nicely now. No problems.

Please Niall, don't make me click on the flags. I antecipate terrible language mistakes. :P

Devil Mood said...

Niall, it's even worse than I imagined. Plus it's not portuguese, it's brazilian portuguese.

Niall young said...

DM..this happened before didn't it ? I'm sure someday someone's going to look me up and tell me i've insulted their mother or someting equally as bad....!

Devil Mood said...

Let's just say that when it comes to your blog images will always speak louder than words.

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Ausgezeichnet! I just read your post in german. Bis morgen!

Tys on Ice said...

damn...its blocked by our service provider...wud have luved to see ur page in japanese :)

what i need is ur blog to be translated to malayalam...now that wud be neat.

Niall young said...

Julie...Wunderbar!

DM...I think I have a few readers who would also appreciate that service..sadly Altavista is only limited to the eight languages represented here.

Anonymous said...

Hi Niall,
I'm from Bulgaria, but I feel comfortable with the english language. Currently I have translation buttons on my blog, and I just considered to remove them because very few people use them. Obviously I will need to re-evaluate this more carefully.
Thank you for the point.

Georgi

Niall young said...

Georgi...

I'm not sure who or if indeed anyone uses the translator, but I believe in making blogs acessable to as wider audience as possible..so I am happy to let it sit there and hopefully someone will find a use for it!