Monday, July 07, 2008

Absurdities - 20

Thank you Oskur for a creditable contribution to Dancing For Beginners..as always, 'You're Da Man!'..or rather 'Da Monkey!'

I have one burning question...if all those fantastic wonderful artists, composers and writers languishing in the darkened confines of the Moulin rouge and other bohemian drinkeries satiated themselves on the highly powerful liquid know as Absinthe...how on earth did they ever get any work done?? In my quest for understanding, I managed to drink three hefty amounts before losing track of who i was and waking up the next morning with no recollection of the previous evening!..and to top it all off, the headache that ensued put an end to any ideas of creativity either pictorial or lyrical!...my conclusion?...It was gorgeous..such a wonderful taste similar to Ouzo.. that would be the aniseed..but it is so powerful,at 55% volume it is even more loaded than my beloved JD! The next time I indulge (still over half a bottle left) I will be wiser and more careful!

Back to work today adding in more flying thingies...soon be time to put the sky in..I can't wait!

3 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Niall, don't say I didn't warn you. That thing is poisonous. I wonder what those artists would have done without the abuse of alcohol and drugs? Much better, is my guess. lol

Niall young said...

DM...Yes, you were right.But I am a man the definition of which is an adult sized body with a child's sized brain!...except thanks to the Absinthe, the brain is that little bit further reduced in size!

Devil Mood said...

lol bless you!