Friday, July 18, 2008

Absurdities - 30, Mystery Veg

Progressed beyond my head and into the final phase of the picture...plenty of work yet to be done!
I had a visit from my friend Sheridan today who had grown these lovely specimens shown below.I'd mentioned on facebook that I liked this particular veg after seeing photo's of the seedlings , so I was promised a taste of the crop when they'd been harvested! Do you know what they are?...An imaginary gold dot to those who get it right and a bonus dot if you come up with an interesting use for them!

3 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

It's kohlrabi. I don't know what you do with it. I guess I would try to bread it and fry it, but I like all my vegetables that way.

Maria Lynn Gattuso said...

I didn't read your post, just looked at the pic...aren't they beets? Anyway Dear Niall, thank you for stopping by. Mango and I appreciate it. : )

Maria.

Tys on Ice said...

drop that thing! those are the aliens from war of the worlds in disguise....