Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bench - 5






If only you could see my work in the flesh, you'd understand my frustration with these representations!..all the subtlety of colours is gone here. Never mind. I have good and not so good news. The good news is that I have been commissioned to work on a portrait which will be ambitious and richly intense. I can't reveal anything here in case the recipient is reading..so the not so good news is that sadly you won't be able to see the development of it. however, I will probably mail out updates to those who would be interested, just let me know. On top of that, I am continuing with 'Bench'..but sketches for the next big picture will have to move down the list of priorities.

Yesterday I went back to my old school for a final time to demonstrate and exhibit my work.Always a joy and a pleasure to answer the many forthcoming and well thought out questions from the students..it was in fact at that school I first used the dotting technique as a piece of homework.Below is a photograph of me sitting in the entrance hall of Littleover Community School just before the bell sounded for lunch time..

2 comments:

Jonice said...

Yeah, it would be great to see the picture in the flesh, nevertheless, I do like what it shows here, Niall.

Kim said...

hi Niall
you are the Featured Artist this week at Top Artists Directory..
enjoy your weekend :)
cheers Kim