Sunday, November 02, 2008

Yet more unseen

Here's another selection of railway subjects..I used to be a big enthusiast at the time of these paintings. The railways has always been in my blood..me being the first family member NOT to work on the railways!

The paintings themselves are in my own estimation poor...I think I could do much better nowadays....

I 've always loved the sight sound and smell of of trains..platforms..everything associated....the fact of the engineering and scale of human endeavour for the soul purpose of getting you from A - B in comfort, something many people take for granted these days!.










2 comments:

pink dogwood said...

you should definitely do more water colors.

rashbre said...

I like the steam locomotive.

I think its a 2-10-0 pulling old British Railway carriages, so my guess is you've painted the Evening Star?