Sunday, December 14, 2008

Spinning down The Derwent

'Spinning down The Derwent' is a new film released by Maypole productions and Treacle City films..starring renowned Derby actress Gwen Taylor(see above photo). It tells the story of the building and development of the first mass production factories in the world on the banks of the River Derwent in Derby by Sir Richard Arkwright and Joseph Strutt.

Last night , Jan and I went to the premier of this independent film at The Ritz in Belper, Derbyshire.Jan had acted in the film playing the role of Elizabeth Strutt.Below you can see a photo of the cast and crew celebrating ( as is the tradition) 100 hours of filming by drinking Campaign. Jan is on the far right holding the baby.If you fancy seeing other photos and reading info about the film.then follow this link:

http://www.spinningdownthederwent.co.uk/


I hope you'll all forgive my absence from posting. I'm finding work very difficult at the moment, with my abortive attempts on watercolour, my week long viral infection and the complicated nature of my next big picture, i'm a little unfocused. I shall try to get myself sorted out over the next few days and let you see the start of something new!

0 comments: