Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cello - 11

I quite like the way the second face has turned out.I don't copy my faces from other photos, but rely on repeated sketches and reworking when on the paper, that's what accounts for the similarity between the characters..they're related in that way...both the characters here have differing thoughts going through hair minds ..I don't know what they are, but that adds to the mystery of the scene.

It's slow going on this one as i mentioned before..as I'm also working on the other piece which i can't show you yet.In many ways , I'm in a similar position to how I was before I left my social work job. I can complete a large drawing these day sometimes in four weeks...but the same size as this picture would take around nine months to complete when I was in my previous job.

0 comments: