Saturday, October 03, 2009

The Starman time travelling violinist...

My good friend Su told me correctly that being a parent is like travelling a roller coaster.
Well, so is life as an artist..not only because my work is inextricably linked to the things that happen around me, but as a result of the gulf between what my imagination can come up with, and the ability to translate it to paper.
Here is a sketch which draws on the violinist theme I have previously written about. I did envisage the Starman to appear playing the cello and have messed around with various sketched to that end. But I've decided for the time being to concentrate on this idea.I like this idea and it gives me plenty of scope to play with the details of his clothing which I want to elaborate and decorate. There's no reason my characters cannot evolve in their appearance!

2 comments:

Devil Mood said...

I think the Starman and the violin are a good duo :)

Niall young said...

DM...Me too..I think I'll let this idea run a bit further!