Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Quintadagio - 24 Gangsters and molls.

Honestly, I wasn't drunk when I took the photo!...I'm pleased to have carried the darkened area over from one side of the page to the other. It has a unifying effect to the composition and helps me to visualise what the overall effect will be.

As an interesting side today I had a commission to do more work for 'Big Head Events'. I produced a poster for them earlier in the year. The artwork today required no text as the client wanted to add it themselves. All I had to do was produce two characters based on a Gangster and his Moll in the style of the first poster artwork. The client is very happy with the work and below is a scan of the finished piece.


2 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Nicely done! Did u do this from imagination completely?! I liked the playfulness your characters have!

Niall young said...

Preeti...I pulled up a page of gangster photos on Google for ideas, but these are my creation, so thank you ! or commercial reasons, one should not copy other peoples works because of possible copyright problems.