Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Quintadagio - 28


Had to go off to Stoke again this morning to do role play, made bearable by the company I traveled with, both Jane and Rachael are long time family friends and made sure we had plenty of laughs along the way.

Today I've concentrated on this area of the picture.The amount of time has been limited due to my role play work.Earlier in the week I ask you if you could identify the background...of course you guessed right by identifying it as a locomotive. However, there is much more that is significant to the choice I've made. The actual steam locomotive type represented here is the British Rail Class Five...which came to be affectionately known as 'The Black Five' Built in my home town of Derby, they were made in large numbers..842 were introduced from 1934 onwards until the 1950's. I chose this class of loco because of the Derby connection and the 'Five' connected to my picture. Below is a photo what a 'Black five' looks like. Incidentally, the main drive wheel diameter is 6 feet and 3 inches.

0 comments: