Monday, March 29, 2010

Three Graces - 1


I begin my process initially by sketching ideas in my A5 sketchbook.I've produced around 25 detailed drawings leading to a larger drawing .This is then photographed and edited to produce an enlarged printed image in two halves of A4size.. I then refine the drawing until I'm ready to transfer it to the main page. I do this by taking a tracing. Here you can see the page with the image freshly transferred.....closer inspection is needed if you are to see any detail.I've left my sketchbook open showing a rough idea for the composition which involves two groups of three figures and a church with three spires...so three is the theme it seems!

3 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Ooh, an almost blank page is even more exciting than a completely blank one (writer's block talking here hahah). :)

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

It looks to be another quite populated piece. You have been working so earnestly, one then the next, I don't know how you can keep up with it. I am in a dreadful lapse.

Niall young said...

DM...I love the lure of the blank page...I like to think that my image is already there, I just have to uncover it!

Julie...I continue my move towards more populated pieces...there's nothing more tedius than spending a week on a sparse and plane area.I have so many ideas I want to bring into existance, I keep putting them into sketch books, and there they lurk.It's purely a matter of decideding upon which one i'll commit myself to.I love the process! But as for you...it will come eventually...you're a Mum of two demanding (three if you count Dave! lol) boys.