Monday, April 19, 2010

Three Graces (restart 6!) - 3!


My maid character is now established...the third Grace with her back to us has yet to receive any attention.This is less of a problem as we don't see her face.
I've spent a while considering where I'm going artistically...I do tend to become introspective.I think all artists are their own worst critics, and I am no exception. I often wake up in the middle of the night wondering how to improve what I'm doing...and questioning my motivation and rationale...I wonder if I'm actually deluding myself..I often find myself believing my own doubts. It's even worse when I'm viewing the work of other wonderfully talented artists. There is a balance to achieve where one is aware of what others do and the means and visual language by which others express themselves...but also the nurturing of a determined and selfish desire to confidently produce what I feel I need to do irrespective of what others may say.

2 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I admire that you've stuck with this difficult artwork.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Its coming on very well and I'm curious to see it expand.

Yes, all artists have self doubt. I try and kick myself out of it when it happens, but its always there. I wonder why we do that to ourselves? This constant comparison in some ways.

But we do what we do and its our own style and there are others out there wishing they could produce something similar to what we do too.

It all boils down to being content with what you do and what you like to do. And you do pointillism very very well.