Wednesday, February 02, 2011

White Ladies - 46

I wrote yesterday about my working hours and my aims to have pen on paper for 5 - 6 hours each day. Yes, this is something I'm able to do  because above all else, I have the opportunity to do so. It's a situation that I am incredibly privileged to enjoy whilst at the same time causes deep frustration knowing that I'm not the one 'out there' being the bread winner and provider for my family. Of course that role is fulfilled by my wife Jan who is pursuing a job she enjoys greatly and has the added bonus of paying the bills.

My children are growing up, one of whom now lives away from home whilst studying at university. My other son is nearly 16 and my daughter is 10...so they're past the time of needing 100% attention.Of course this leads to other related problems when Jan is away working,( which is fairly often and becoming more so) I think I've written about what happens then enough times! I'm prone to bouts of depression and I have fairly low confidence in the commercial side of my work.So this I battle and when things are good...I work to jmy hearts content within the boundaries of child care and running a home. Currently I'm enjoying my work.

1 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Having the discipline to work 5 or 6 hours a day is an enormous talent in itself. I'm really looking forward to next fall when Justin starts pre-school, then I'll really give it a try!