Thursday, February 09, 2012

Spoonful - 29

I've not been able to spend very long on my work here today. Last weekend we had snow here in my part of England...not much of it, but enough to knock out the day to day running of the transport network to some degree. To cut a long story short, someone drove their car into our car...we weren't in our car at the time.,, we'd parked it up on an adjacent road to enable us to drive it the next day after the snow ( we live on a narrow avenue on a hill which is difficult to drive up or down when snow is on the ground!) anyway, the result was our car was damaged beyond repair. So calls back and forth between insurance companies, police, hire car companies and garages has dominated the last few days. Today I had to be available to not only facilitate the collection of a courtesy car we'd been allocated whilst our car's damage was being assessed, but I had to go to a hire company in another part of the city to take delivery of a car which we'll use until the finance surrounding the insurance company is resolved. I also had to deal with Annie's school pick up...the her school Valentines disco, and eventually a visit to the supermarket.

Phew! I'm glad that's all over at the end of this day  as yet another fall of snow is forecast over night. I've made sure that the shiny new VW hire care car is not in a place where it can get run into.

Tomorrow I shall press on with my work here and move into the final stages...not long to go now!

2 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Wow, unbelievable bad luck!
Glad that day is behind you now.
Enjoy the good bits of the snow :)

Niall young said...

DM...It was a major headache..but all is slowly resolving it's self now..thankfully no one was injured !